Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Xnest

I want to run nested X11 so devilw suggested Xnest. I started with:

Xnest :2
xterm -display :2

It failed since connection from xterm was denied. Then I ask devilw again so he suggested Xnest -ac.

Xnest -ac :2
xterm -display :2

Then it failed since xterm cannot open font. So I asked peorth because devilw was traveling home. He suggest to try xfontsel. After I selected xfontsel, it crashed. Anyways, I've got an idea to try xset so I tried this.

Xnest -ac :2
xset -display :2 +fp /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/
xset -display :2 +fp /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/
xset -display :2 +fp /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/
xterm -display :2


And then it still failed :-P. However, I can see some text displayed by twm and xfontsel, which I can see before using xset. :-) I saw something like xnlsfont but I haven't tried yet.

thx devilwearsgucci and peorth

No comments: